- Market Modeling and Computation Based on Random Utility Model, Muxi Li (advisor: David Parkes)
- Indian Online Matrimony Data Exploration, Nikhil Sud (advisor: Pavlos Protopapas)
India has a long tradition of arranged marriage, in which parents or extended family help pick a spouse for eligible children. With the advent of the Internet in India, Internet entrepreneurs founded matrimonial services that are similar to American dating sites but focus on educational and family background rather than personality-based matching criteria. By downloading and analyzing the aggregate data from SimplyMarry.com insights into the above mentioned sociological biases could be provided. The data provided answers to interesting questions with associated policy ramifications, such as do biases reduce among more educated users, or more urban users?
- This is Equity Forecast, Rajiv Tarigopula and Brandon Sim (advisor: Pavlos Protopapas)
- Simulating Tumor Growth in Parallel , Cellular Automatons and Cuda, Ryan King (advisor: Lance Munn)
- A Modifiable University Ranking System in D3, Connor Myhrvold (advisor: Hanspeter Pfister)
A university ranking program that re-weights and sorts universities based on user-input ranking component weights using QS / US News & World Report 2012 World Universities ranking list.
- TEPradio: Modeling Emotional States using EEG Signal, Toan Phan, Paul Koullick, Eduardo Lopez (advisor: Pavlos Protopapas)